AVS provides high-quality publications, scientific conferences, training, and authoritative databases to make it the premier destination for researchers in materials, interfaces, and processes. AVS is a leader in the identification and communication of advances in science and engineering that enable new technological breakthroughs.
On behalf of its members, AVS advocates for strong national funding of engineering, science, and innovation.
- Launch the new Quantum Science journal and achieve a high impact factor
- Develop e-spectra into a valuable resource for AVS members and the material science community
- Implement strategies to increase submissions of quality articles and enhance the impact factor of all AVS journals
- Implement digital distribution technology to further leverage the technical content of AVS to reach a wider audience
- Incorporate a process to identify hot research topics, test them via a workshop and a focus topic, and ultimately launch a new biannual conference
- A concerted effort to align the Symposium with new R&D areas mandated by the National Academies and Funding Agencies